Today’s Question is: Where do I Find Motivated Sellers?
Look, there’s a lot of ways to find motivated sellers, but they are not super easy to find because motivated sellers are a small percentage of sellers that are out there. And in a hot market that number is even smaller as compared to a buyers market.
But motivated sellers exist in any market. Why? Because even in a hot market, people still go through foreclosure, divorce, job loss, death, illness – so they’r definitely out there.
But where do you find them? Try contacting these groups:
- Expired Listings
- Foreclosure Defaults
- Out of state owners
- People discharged from bankruptcy
- People 30, 60, or 90 days late on payments
- People who bought a house in the last 2 or 3 years.
- Then there’s saturation mailings. Mailing to everybody who is in a certain neighborhood. That way you get a very cheap postage rate.
- Also, Bandit signs, flyers, and calling for sale and for rent ads.
To summarize this question: The Motivated Sellers are out there. They exist. Now you as a real estate investor need to find them, and structure your real to meet their needs. It’s that simple!